(English & Spanish)
Oregon law requires parents/guardians to see that children between the ages of 7 and 18 years attend school regularly. It is the legal responsibility of the parent to have their children in school, and ensure the student attends school regularly and in a timely manner (reference OR law: 339.020). This responsibility lies with the student as well.
Parents/guardians are requested to call the Attendance Hotline at 503-431-5800 in advance of an absence.
Excused absences include:
- Personal illness, medical, psychological and dental care
- Illness or death in the family
- Family emergencies
- Release time for religious instruction
- Observance of religious holidays
- Pre-arranged absences
- School sponsored activities
General attendance questions, please call our attendance secretary Alyssa Alarcon 503-431-5800