- SICK STUDENTS. Please use an e-hallpass or call the main office to request security to escort if unsteady. Call Nancy Haning (5633) or Jessica Miller (5690) if the student requires a wheelchair escort. Call 911 if it is a medical emergency and then call Nancy to notify her of the student’s name and that a call has been made.
- STUDENTS WITH MEDICATIONS. These students have parent/doctor protocols in place with our nurse, Nancy Haning.
- STUDENTS WITH BREAK PASS ACCOMMODATIONS. Students with break passes will now report directly to THE DEN. They will not walk the halls/wander. Their time and activities will be monitored. Please use e-hallpass for this purpose.
- STUDENTS WITH CLASSROOM INCIDENTS - LOW LEVEL. Students having difficulty regulating, disrupting after multiple interventions, etc., may be sent (at teacher's discretion). For repeated low level incidents, teachers may complete TuHS Behavior Tracker & Disciplinary Referral as per the TuHS Leveled Sanctions if the behavior continues after the teacher has partnered with the parent(s)/guardian(s). Students will be expected to regulate and identify why they were unable to access the support provided in the classroom setting (by the teacher). Den-level interventions will be tracked. You may follow up with Val Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org; x5667) regarding these incidents and can expect communication from an adult who engages with them in this space.
WHAT ELSE HAPPENS HERE?
ATTENDANCE CONCERNS. Stephanie Kensinger (email@example.com; x5769) and Val Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org; x5667) are tasked with supporting Re-Engagement. Please submit a TuHS Behavior Tracker & Disciplinary Referral if you are concerned about a student who is habitually missing your class despite efforts to intervene.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION and TRAUMA INFORMED CARE. Reports of prior trauma, bullying, or conflict will be documented and referred to the student's counselor or administrator.
- SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER, Emma Fortmiller. Her office is located in THE DEN.
- PACIFIC NW BEHAVIORAL HEALTH has an office in THE DEN.