Kindergarten is Full Day, Every Day
Students attend school during the same hours as other elementary students and walk or ride the school bus with the rest of their elementary classmates.
The school day is from 8:10 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.
Two-Way Immersion (TWI) Kindergarten is available at Bridgeport and Metzger Elementary Schools. TWI is a full-day Spanish/English program for families who choose to enroll their student in this program. The goal for TWI students is to speak, read and write in both English and Spanish by 5th grade.
Getting To and From School
- Transportation is provided for all elementary students living outside their schools' one-mile walking radius. Stops are usually at the end of the street and at least .2 of a mile apart. Bus route information will be available on the district website, ttsdschools.org and at the school before school starts.
- Kindergarteners taking the bus will NOT be dropped off at their bus stops after school unless there is an authorized adult or older sibling there to greet them. If your student is going to daycare after school, the daycare provider must be at the stop to greet the child.
- Students should arrive at their bus stop a few minutes early to be certain of catching their bus. Students who have more than one place where they are picked up or dropped off during the week, must go to the nearest bus stop that is already in place.
- Kindergartners will be wearing name tags (provided by the school) to make sure they are delivered to the right stop.
- If walking or biking to school, kindergartners will need to be accompanied by an adult, and students will only be released to an authorized adult.
Preparing for a Great Start
- To ensure a healthy start, your child should have a complete physical before school starts, including vision and hearing tests. Contact the School Based Health Center, 503-431-5775, to make an appointment if you do not have a current medical provider.
- Several weeks before school begins, start your child on a daily routine of regular sleep and wake-up times.