Transfers are required for students to attend a school other than their “home school.” A student’s “home school” is determined by the District’s “home attendance area” which is based on the legal address of the student’s residence, as provided by their parent or legal guardian. Students must have District approval to attend a school other than their “home school.”
Homeless students should contact their counselor or principal to see if they qualify for Title X provisions.
Please Note: Your city of residence does not define your school district. Tigard-Tualatin School District serves the following cities:
- King City
- And areas in unincorporated Washington County
School boundaries may also run across housing developments and apartment complexes. To confirm your home school, please refer to our School Locator or call our Transportation Department at 503.431.4046.
To view the District Boundary Map and locate your “home school” click here.
There are two main types of student transfers.
- In-District - Transfers between schools within TTSD
- Inter-District - Transfers between TTSD and another school district
The following District Policies are related to transfers and school assignments:
- JECA Admission of Resident Students
- JECB Admission of Non-Resident Students
- JECBB Intradistrict Transfer Procedures
- JECC Open Enrollment